Firearm Training & Safety Classes
The widest spectrum of firearms classes in the Central Valley
We offer the widest variety of firearm training and safety classes in the Central Valley. Whether you are in search of basic training, a more advanced marksman course or even supplementary safety classes Madera Firearms will have something for you. Our expert coaching staff does not believe in barking or yelling instructions, because this tactic can increase stress. Rather our goal is to train our students to be responsible, ethical and safe shooters.
Carry Concealed Weapon classPer Person
- For Madera & Fresno County
- This course covers the 8-hours required by the state of California. The current laws and “Legalese” are covered in this course with a shooting qualification at the end. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A HOW TO SHOOT A GUN CLASS!
- Only $85 for Renewal Class
Basic handgun ClassPer Person
- Our most popular class! This is your basic nuts and bolts class for how to understand and
safelyoperate your firearm. Basic shooting for groups and marksmanship is covered. There is also an introductionof working a draw for CCW carry. This class is approximately 3-hours.
Basic Rifle/Carbine ClassPer Person
- This is where you learn the basics of how to “shoot itty bitty stuff way out there”.
- In this
classyou learn how to set up and not only run your rifle better and more smoothly, but also how to press it into defensive service if you need to. Shooting basic groups is focused on for a portion of the class as well as basic combat marksmanship.
Gunfighter IPer Person
Here you start working on understanding the dynamics of how to use a gun in a fight. Movement, drawing from a concealment rig, reloading under pressure are all covered in this course. There is also an emphasis on combat marksmanship…and most importantly…CAN YOU MAKE THE SHOT!
Gunfighter IIPer Person
In this course, you cover everything from shoot/no-shoot scenarios. To understand the basic applications of angles and back stop concerns. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE A GUN DOESN’T ALWAYS MEAN YOU NEED TO SHOOT IT.
Intro to Trauma Medicine classPer Person
- This course is taught by medical personnel who have been overseas or have been in the employment of domestic law enforcement agencies during active shooter gunfights. THIS COURSE IS MANDATORY BEFORE THE A.S.R. class can be taken. In this course, you work with various methods to control bleeding. Some training materials may be GRAPHIC.
- *PLEASE NOTE THIS CLASS CAN GET MESSY!!!!!!!!
Active Shooter Response ClassPer Person
- Our A.S.R. class covers multiple topics in a single 8-hour course. This class has been given to local businesses of all sorts, from real estate offices to churches and places of spiritual gathering. THIS IS A VERY INVOLVED class that can be split into 2 days of training if preferred. Safety,
securityof the location, retreating while under fire are covered. Command and control topics during a A.S.are also discussed. Trauma medicine and lethal response are discussed and practiced.
- *Groups rates available.
- *INTRO TO TRAUMA MEDICINE IS A REQUIRED PREREQUISITE.
Basic first aid and CRP classes are also available. Please contact for more information
what they’re saying
Great little place to go for your firearm needs. Good selection of guns and ammo. Very welcoming and staff are knowledgeable
Great staff and products is what i look for in any establishment i spend money at [...] Evan is one of the most knowledgeable people i have ever met when it comes to firearms […] I strongly suggest checking [them] out.
Awesome people to do business with, and there local! I would highly recommend stopping in for your next gun, Ammo, or accessories purchase!!!
Tues-Fri: 10am - 6pm
Sat: 10am - 5pm